Thursday, June 23, 2011

Today I drank a Sunkist

...and Gloria drank Arizona Green Tea. That is Wednesday's update, according to my roommate Mariela.

Gloria's update: I miss everybody back home. I got sweet, genuine hugs from the girls in the neighborhood tonight (tonight was our last night of kids club).

Maria's update (translated by Mariela): everyone said bye to me tonight and I wanted to cry. I pray to God that He would touch them, that they could be touched by Him.

Gloria wants to end with a closing thought of Hakuna Matata - no worries! That is the song she is singing into her hairbrush at the moment.

Now that I posted updates from my roommates, I will add that today was a full and beautiful day. The temperature was maybe 80 at the highest and cool and breezy - makes me wonder if we're really in St. Louis! I think we all have a lot we're processing, and at the same time are feeling a sense of accomplishment: picnic tables have been finished, kids club are done, we gave away lots of toothbrushes, the mural and canoes are nearing completion, the team that was weeding got a LOT done on a field that will be used by refugees, and we did laundry!

And now it has started raining shoes: "lluvia de zapatos" (I'm on the bottom bunk) so I think I must wrap it up for now. Until tomorrow!

















No comments: