Friday, June 21, 2013

Your Calling

REC_1807
My girls: from left to right: Sarah, Nazra, me, Anna
Hello all! This is Sara blogging to you now. I am just going to give you a brief moment of something that stood out to me this week. We do devotionals with Andrew every morning and there are many things he says to make us think, but one in particular got my attention. He was talking about Micah 6:8 (NIV) “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” He told us that our occupation is not our calling, it’s our vocation. “You can lose your job tomorrow, but you cannot lose your calling,” he told us. That struck me. I have been called to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God. When Jesus was on Earth, He spent a good amount of His time with the people that have little. If He found them valuable, then I should too. This is the 7th St. Louis trip for me. I wouldn’t have gone this many years in a row if I did not find value in these people that God has placed on my heart. I look forward to walking humbly with God wherever He takes me and see the same beauty in people that He sees.

No comments: